Something terrible, something wonderful
The Bad-
I am terrified of the online music store. Or I am terrified of myself when thousands of songs are just a click away. I bought two tonight and I almost had to slap my own hand or I would have ended up with some Spice Girls, a little Jessica Simpson, some Beatles I already have, and who knows what else. It's just button-pushing, money won't change hands for a month, which we all know practically means money doesn't change hands. It's FREE! It's no wonder credit debt is rampant. Online music is a dangerous thing...
The Good-
The digital camera has lead to an interesting new way to express myself (and isn't that what we're all after? No really, I'm asking.) I spent an hour or so Sunday, just wandering around town looking in a whole different way. I shot about 60 photos, with the vast majority either having the local theater, kids playing in a fountain, or bars (the metal kind, I'm not sure what that says.) Then using my expensive desk toy, I made a slideshow. Tonight's addition of the Fleetwood Mac song "Silver Springs" to my iPhoto slideshow of the town by nearly the same name (thanks to Kim for being so Stevie Nicks savvy) means that my slideshow is now nearly nostalgic* enough to kill you, or at least seriously bruise you.
*The Ugly (truth)-
It has come to my attention that the addition of music (most any music) tends to make pictures a whole lot more meaningful. The pictures I took Sunday (that was yesterday) set to music, now take on so much meaning that it almost brings a tear to my eye to remember the town the way it used to be. I long for those days.
I suspect this same effect contributes mightily to my ability to fall in love with most any leading lady thrown onscreen.
No comments:
Post a Comment