Sunday, April 10, 2005

There’s lots of I
In Columbia, I’d started too late. In Kansas City and Ohio, I couldn’t stick around. In DC, I haven’t found one that I like or the ones that I do like are pretty laid back and have a revolving door of players. So, I’ve never really been able to grow with a team. Or have I? I spent this weekend watching a group of 10 or so goofy looking Ultimate players. Ultimate players are inherently goofy-looking, but this group takes the lack of intimidation to new levels. I’ve watched and hollered and “coached” several of them over the last two years and this weekend I realized that they’ve grown. They played their hearts out. They played the toughest defense and smartest offense I’ve ever seen them play. They did that, but I think my hollering may have helped.

I’m so proud of them.

No comments: