Brief news (NOT news about underwear)
This week has afforded me the opportunity to read a lot of newspapers, mostly USA Today, the Washington Post, Express, and the Examiner. For the most part this means I've read a lot of comics, a lot of advice columns, and a lot of headlines that I then immediately forgot. I did realize that I've missed the feel of the news. The Internet just doesn't quite go as well with breakfast as the morning paper. My favorite stories this week provided to you without links or even reference for that matter:
1. The pope inspired this retired journalist to convert to Catholicism.
2. Parity in basketball in both the men's and women's game. Since the men's game is in an overall decline due to the exodus to the NBA and the women's game is improving I'm hoping for the story about the men vs. the women. I think the Harvard president should write it.
3. The incredible story of the Baylor Bears and their determined coach. Spurned assistant coach leaves alma mater, builds losing program with savvy scouting and determination. Champions. Much rejoicing. It's a good story. So good that I think I read some version of it at least 6 times.
4. It doesn't take an Ivy league degree to be a CEO anymore. There is hope for all of us, or at least the next Trump-ette.
My least favorite story:
Camilla and Charles
The most embarrassing realization:
There's a war going on and I ignore it almost completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment