That's so 26
I've never been very good at those interview questions that ask "Where do you see yourself in five years?" I don't see the future. I'm trying the present for size and I've got to say that the moment I had in the kitchen was, at least for me, so 26.
The moment: Somehow I've totally ruined Minute rice. I know. I thought it was impossible too. I've just finished crunching through a few soupy spoonfuls when I decide to just give up. I close my borrowed copy of "Seat of the Soul", the latest read about finding meaning. I stand up and walk over to the kitchen sink. I put the rice down and pick up the last of the soup. I scoop straight from the pot into my mouth using a spoon, thankyouverymuch. I tilt the pot for easy access. As I am slurping up the last of the soup, I look in the window and there I stand in a button-down work shirt, a draft blowing against my exposed legs. The counter tops were shining, no thanks to me and Mud Pie ice cream was waiting in the freezer.
Five years ago, if you'd asked me, I wouldn't have said that's where I'd be. But what can I say? That's where I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment