Why Doc, why?
Back in 1996, Doc Martens were all the rage. All the cool kids were wearing them. Not surprisingly, I was not.
Somewhere around 1998, I got a pair. I needed brown shoes and I liked the way they looked. I don't know if the cool kids were still wearing them then.
In 2004, I don't know what the cool kids are wearing, but it's not easy to find the Doc at the stores I've been visiting. I've been searching for a while as my shoes continue to disintegrate after five or six years of use. Today, I gave up. I know they're online, but I'm an old fashioned kind of guy who likes to try his shoes on before he buys them. Today I abandonded my search in favor of some new-fangled laceless shoe with gel in the heels. If we're lucky, the shoes will dance. If not, call the Doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment