Monday, November 29, 2004

My public restroom wall
Thinking about bathroom graffiti from the days of yore led me to the conclusion that poopers just don't pontificate like they used to. As a kid, I remember being fascinated by the words scrawled in truck stops and school stalls. These days I see stall-colored blobs of paint in a few places, but mostly it seems people just aren't trying. At first I thought it might be a result of an increased vigilance in anti-graffiti measures. Further reflection has led me to believe that there are now too many competing outlets for the brain dumps of old. We now have the Internet. THIS is the bathroom stall of our generation. If you miss the brevity and vulgarity, the Internet does have record, but it's just not the same without the fear that Big Dave might show up for some sweet lovin' at 11:50 TONITE!

No comments: