in-law
Sometimes when I'm telling a story I come to the part where I need to say, "my sister and brother-in-law." And sometimes "brother-in-law" does not come out of my mouth as smoothly as "sister" did. My verbal slip-up invariably leads to the question, "It's weird having a brother-in-law, isn't it?"
No. It isn't. I thought it would be, but it's much harder to say than it is to accept. Now granted, he's been in action for something nearing 3 months and in that time I have spoken to him minimally, but as I put together photos from the wedding in an album, I am quickly reminded at how natural it all seems. My sister and Kevin look like they belong together. My sister loves Kevin, by extension I love Kevin. And that's that. So I don't say brother-in-law very well; I don't say stunningly handsome very well either, and I think we've all adjusted to that quite nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment