Friday, August 13, 2004

Me are confident
"Wake me up, before you go go(or girl depending on your lyricist)," bounced around my head. I had to wonder where George Michael had come from. I was running along half asleep and then WHAM! there he was singing 80's skating party tunes in my noggin'. My noggin' was growing increasingly wet from the downpour, but this really wasn't something that I could blame on the rain. I belted out a few bars, but then I lost my nerve. I had the strangest feeling that the rhythm was gonna get me, so I surged. The rain drops kept falling on my head, but for some reason I'd lost the beat. I turned to my fellow runners and politely asked, "Have you got the beat?"
In unison they responded, "We've got the beat. We've got the beat. We got it! Yea!" That was a bit much for me, so I told them I'd had a swell time, but that I really needed to beat it. I took a quick left turn, I would've gone right but I thought I'd seen a bad moon. Anyway, I soon found myself alone. There didn't seem to be anyone around. I thought, "I think I'm alone now." I wasn't sure where I was going, not sure where I had been, I just knew that I was running against the wind, oh and also, singing in the rain.




No comments: