Friday, June 25, 2004

76,000 trombones
In terms of music I was stuck on "Oldies 95" all through my teens. In college I advanced all the way to the mainstream alternative radio stations. In the last year or so, I've discovered that there is a heckuva lot of cool music out there that I want to hear. I'm trying not to panic while I decide how and how much energy I am going to use to attack this particular phenomenon.

Some artists I am not buying at the moment include Modest Mouse, (They've actually lost a coin flip for 3 days running. "Heads I buy the new CD, tails I don't." TAILS. Every day. What are the odds? Please don't tell me, Rob. It's an expression.) Dashboard Confessional, 12 cents for Marvin, Death Cab for Cutie, The Pink Panther Penthouse Party, Glenn Miller, Fats Domino, Alison Krauss, Bela Fleck, Belle and Sebastian, Wilco and Josh Ritter.

No comments: