Saturday, May 08, 2004

Out wit' da boyz
I've these little homies who just like to chill like ice cold milk. Me and 'bout 9 of them hooked up tonight and did some serious couch cruising. Keep it real, E.L. Fudge.

Fufu
Wasn't there a bunny that went by this name? I had fufu as a side dish for dinner. It was kind of potato-like, but also a lot like mushed- together bread.

Subpar expectations
Expectations seem to be playing far too dominant a role in my everyday experiences. If I expect a movie to be good I hold it to a higher standard. Movies that shouldn't be good end up being pleasant surprises, and movies that should be good end up as crap. This goes beyond movies. Let's look at weekends. Somewhere along the line weekends have become an expectation fest. First thing at work on Monday, everyone is asking "What did you do this weekend?" Isn't part of the joy of some weekends that you didn't do nothing? Or Ultimate. I now expect to catch everything. I make a nice catch and I barely pat myself on the back, but if I drop it- I'm extremely disappointed. It can even taint my enjoyment.

Maybe it's time to expect a little less. How's that for a new motto?

No comments: