Thursday, May 06, 2004

I'm awesome. Don't make fun
Ten years ago yesterday I drove to and from piano lessons with my pink learner's permit folded up in my pocket. I didn't "kill" the manual transmission on either trip and I was very proud.

Ten years ago I was just starting to run. I didn't even know what Ultimate was. The previous winter I went on my first ski trip.
Ten years ago I was a debater. My friends stayed over and we played video games. We took standardized tests. We mowed lawns for money. Ten years ago I was in Health class and I hated it, but Ace Ventura was brand new and I loved him. I had a friend called "Tequila Styrofoam" when I was "Chocolate Cellophane." Ten years ago, summer vacation was just around the corner, once I survived finals. I was headed to Science and Math Camp, Iowa, and the Megamall in Minnesota. Ten years ago the world was driving, running, and women in that order. Look how far I've come.

At least I got the driving thing down pretty well.


No comments: