It's not that I'm afraid
There are a few things that have given me pause lately.
1. It's a little intimidating knowing that Kristin's mom is reading this thing while on vacation. What if I let her down? What if I turn her vacation sour? What if she is using this as a cure for insomnia and I accidentally slip something entertaining in? Then what? I know. I KNOW!
2. It's a little intimidating knowing that at least 3 professional copy editors and numerous (like at least 6) other real smart folk read this thing.
3. It's a little awkward when a coworker announces her pregnancy and everyone has to feign full-fledged joy, when what they really feel is that mix of joy and dread.
4. It's a little awkward when a coworker mentions that your sense of humor is not so broad today, but seems shocked when you agree.
5. A disgusting weekend of Ultimate is still better than a disgusting ball of pus and mucus.
No comments:
Post a Comment