In the box
I'm starting to feel confined by this little blogger box. It reminds me of my cubicle the way sometimes it seems to stifle my creativity and distract me by imposing these unnecessary boundaries.
Poetry and gravity
The difference between throwing and catching a disc and throwing and catching a baseball seems like it would be pretty subtle. It's throwing and catching, right? The disc floats and it's like poetry to watch. The baseball, due partially to my ineptitude and primarily to the forces of gravity, plummets to the ground. There's poetry there, but it's not my kind.
Fantasyland
I mentioned earlier, which you'll probably read later, that I went to the Josh Ritter concert last night. I don't completely understand concerts, especially encores. If everybody knows you're coming back, why leave?
My favorite nonmusical part of the concert was watching the women (HEY. LET ME FINISH!) fall in love, or confirm their love for Josh. When he first took the stage and started to sing, and then later whenever he closed his eyes tightly and moved his lips close to the mic, a far off look would start in her eyes and slowly descend through her whole body like she was being transported to a far off place, probably one with happy endings.
Cooking with bachelors
This house churns out brownies like we're having a bake sale. I actually have a little brownie following at work. I've got brownie groupies asking, "When are you bringing in brownies again?" Relax, people. It's a mix. It costs $2.00.
Blame it on the train
It occurs to me that the reason I feel so horrible on my commute home is because I'm surrounded by negative energy. It then takes 2/3 of my walk to shake all that junk off.
No comments:
Post a Comment