Thursday, January 01, 2004

New Year's Eve- Football and Sex
Feeding off the lowered expectations of him and others, I decided that New Year's Eve didn't have to be about expectations and a lot of silliness, it could just be. And be it did. Finding no Tiger fans, I made my way to a sports bar that didn't charge a cover and I watched a telling half while eating. During commercials I watched all the metrosexuals and their high-heeled womenfriends getting ready for the night.

Heading to the only party that had materialized for me, I joined some friends for a quiet viewing of Sex in the City as we waited for the ball to drop. I liked Sex; so much so that I stayed up until 5 am to watch a Season 6 marathon to top off the start of season 5 I'd seen earlier. I'd been told before that I should watch the show, but I guess it took the end of '03 for me to be ready. It does require a certain maturity.

No comments: