Monday, December 01, 2003

Kansas City here I come
I just got back to the District, I know. However, I am now excited about the 27th of December. On that day I will get to meet the new son of Brian and Amanda. I've been friends with Brian since third grade. We created Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle animations using BASIC on an Apple II E. We traded baseball cards. We played street football. We stayed up late. We got in fights. We played tackle Hide 'n' go seek. We talked about everything, as long as everything included sports. We walked to school together. We played video games together. We wrote, produced and starred in a short movie. We went to high school. We went skiing. We imagined a fantasy ski resort called, "Davidsucks" We made different friends. We saw each other less. I ran fast, he hit homeruns. We still talked about everything. We watched football on TV. He got a girlfriend. I went to college. He hit more homeruns. I hurt everything you could hurt below my waist. We played poker with his friends that adopted me when I was home. He came to college. He lived clear on the other side of campus. I had new friends. He made new friends. He was a genius. Once and a while we would meet for a meal. We'd talk about everything. He transferred. He found God. I stayed.
Once a month, once every two months, I'd hear from him. We'd see each other in KC or stop by one campus or the other. We could still talk about everything, but we didn't have to. Now we could talk about anything. I graduated. I didn't get a job. He tried to talk some sense into me. He fell in love. I got a job. He graduated. He had an engagement party. I met his friends. They ruled. He got married. It was beautiful in every sense of the word. He moved to Florida. I wandered about. I moved to DC. I knew he was around. He encouraged me when I was down to the last dimes. I stayed in DC with a job. He had a kid. He disappeared. He reappeared. He is the best.

No comments: