Saturday, December 20, 2003

Holiday Oddities
Oddity 1: I made it to the dance floor at the work holiday party yesterday. My Electric Slide went pretty well, but then they asked for some "right foot; left foot; crossover, crossover" jig and it wasn't working for me. A very large woman who had been instructing me became displeased with my performance and began to grab the back of my pants/belt and move me to where I needed to be next. I like a little help, but usually prefer it to stay off my rear end. Intimidated and uncomfortable, I left the dance floor.

Oddity 2: In a bold gesture the party planning committee decided monetary door prizes was the best way to get people to stay for the whole party. Because we had to be present to win, we spent the last 45 minutes to an hour grumbling, "Where's my money?" Holiday spirit out the wazoo.

Oddity 3: DJ peanuthead (not his real hip hop handle) kept calling for all the fellas to get out on the dance floor. I'm not sure he realized that we made up only 25% of his audience. Even if we had all poured onto the dance floor he would still be wondering where we were.

Oddity 4: Never before have I so hoped that a movie would end and yet not ever end. Thank you Peter Jackson.
Sorry tushie.

Oddity 5: Odd is the new word and there are new numbers, but always odd.
Always odd.

No comments: