Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Excitement levels
I am not the type of person that gets excited when you first tell me something. I need time to process it. Then slowly, almost like a leaky balloon I begin to let my excitement out.

So when you first ask me, "Are you excited that we're going skiing in 2 months?"
I say, "uh, yeah."

Then what you might not see is the slow leak. First, I replace the "Colorado" on my SKI2BHI bumper sticker with a very homemade "Wintergreen". Then, when I put my Christmas decorations up, 3 of the 5 ornaments are skiing related. When I go outside I smell the air and am a little disappointed when I don't smell snow. How long will I have to wait? And is it snowing in the hills of what Skiing is calling "the best ski resort in the South"? And what exactly does it mean to be the "best ski resort in the South"? Is that kind of like being "the classiest junkyard"?

Do not mistake those last two questions for lack of excitement. I'm a leaking balloon. pfffffffffffff...

No comments: