There’s no place like home
Last Saturday I piled my stuff into a car and a half and moved it across town to my new place where with some assistance I managed to plop it into the room in under 20 minutes. 2 days and no furniture later my stuff still looks rather plopped. The Carriage House, as we like to call it, is taking shape quite nicely because Reuben owns everything you could ever need.
I’ve already managed to have two near-disasters resulting from our new appliances. Are toilets appliances? The toilet scare resulted from IHOP omelets and the lack of a plunger. It’s amazing what a stick from the yard can do. The second scare was caused by a brand new oven. It turns out that you should not cook or even preheat your instruction book. We checked the warm instruction book after peeling off the melted plastic and no where in the book does it say “Don’t cook me”. Still, I don’t recommend it. The house smelled funny for a while, but the PastaBake tasted fine.
Stay tuned for more adventures in bachelorhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment