Friday, May 02, 2003

As graduation approaches people start to dispense advice. Here at Dotopia, I'm no different. In honor of all those readers graduating soon, already graduated, and even those of you who think graduation is for punks, I give you All I need to know I learned from punk music
*Being grown up isn’t half as fun as growing up...The the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you’ll finally get it right.
*That’s the point. I won’t think about nothing, now I’ve got to do something else.
*ROCK. It’s what we’re all about. It’s what we live for. Come on and shout it out.
*Someone’s got to lose when someone wins. Look at the world you’re livin’ in.
*You’re not alone.
*Go on and take it off. TAKE IT OFF!
*Living so free is a tragedy, when you can’t be what you want to be.
And finally although it isn’t punk, it’s very important advice from Carolyn Hax, “Nothing is better when it rules out a moon bounce.”

And this special heartfelt, nonpunk message from me, "Make me proud, but do it your way."

No comments: