Thursday, April 17, 2003

A tale of passion, pain and obsession
At night before I go to sleep, I fondle the inner curves of the disc I keep near my bed. Sometimes I throw in a few scoober fakes to keep my pillow on its toes. When I'm watching TV I hold my disc near or throw it at an unsuspecting chair. During the day, a disc waits patiently in my bag for some attention. And thoughts of Ultimate are never far. I want to tell a girl on my rec team the cut I want her to make and when I want her to make it. I can't get that out of my head. I want to send Chris Royer the explanation of the stack that I just got in my Ultimate Player's Association newsletter. The passion and the obsession are clear then, no? The pain is in my leg. I've decided to take the weekend off in hopes it'll heal. And time stands still. The pain is in my mind.

No comments: