If a hotel lobby threw up
Major furniture change here at the house. Currently we have 12 "new" chairs and 6 "new" ottomans. In a few weeks it'll be down to 8 chairs and 4 ottomans. The land lady has promised to work on a new bed next. I'm not sure I want an old hotel bed. Kinda creeps me out. It also means I'll have to peel my sleeping bag off the carpet.
cake?
Is it "I want to love you, madly" or "I want to love you madly" or "I want to love, you madly"?
Blogs and the decline of civilization
It's like I'm writing, 'cause I write, but it's like I'm not, cause I write in aphorisms and cute little stories.
Parental Units
My folks are retired. They dance. They ride bikes. They volunteer. Generally they are way cooler than I anticipated. So cool, in fact that I don't know what to do with them. They never call. They never write. Is this how they felt when I went away to college? I don't know how to talk to them either. On the one hand I want them to be my buddies now, 'cause I'm all (sort of) growns up, but then on the other, they're my parents. So I, no we, haven't figured out how to swing it. I'd say "it'll come," but I don't know that I'd believe me.
No comments:
Post a Comment