Friday, December 13, 2002

It’s a Practice Date


After working the first 40 hour week in I believe 13 months, I decided I deserved a little something special. So after work I took myself out. The Tuscany chicken sandwich, the fruit salad, and even the potent lemonade were all merely appetizers for the main course: Maid in Manhattan. I’m anxious to hear what Uber-blogger K Jo. has to say. I for one found it to be predictable, cute, and not too special. My date enjoyed it though. I’d say it wasn’t worth the $6.50 I paid for matinee, but I’d also say that I could’ve watched J-Lo for many many more hours. The kid was cute too. Actually, the whole supporting cast was pretty solid.
My final thoughts on this issue for the evening involve the exchange between J-Lo and R-Fi that you’ve probably seen in trailers.

J-Lo: “I only came tonight to tell you that we can’t see each other anymore.”
R-Fi: “Then you shouldn’t have worn that dress.”


Cute, but he’s right. What’s with that dress? Was the point to make her not quite fit in? That worked. She looked orange. I mean, come on the woman looks spectacular in a maid’s outfit, in a borrowed hoodie, in corduroy pants; and you’re telling me that they couldn’t find a dress?


That’s all I have to say about that.

No comments: