Monday, December 23, 2002

For some reason this whole blogging thing wasn't working on the folks computer. I could feel myself start to suffocate.
Movie reviews of movie twos and other news
Two weeks notice Sandra Bullock. Romantic Comedy. Seems to be a ticket to Dave 4 star dom. PFFFT. Sandra has officially fallen off my favorite actress list. This movie is crap. And I usually like crap. Not tonight. Hugh Grant manages some charm, but somebody somewhere should give their two weeks notice or else be fired. There were a couple of instances where I saw flashes of the old Sandra, but she's gone. This is the dawning of a new era. Start vying for my favorite actress spot. It could be yours!

The Two Towers Justin is right on here. His "rushed" scenes weren't in the book. What is Peter Jackson doing to Faramir? Legolas, however, rocks. And I loved that they kept the Gimli-Legolas Orc-killing competition as part of the movie. Big time (pun intended) sadness with the Ents. There are some serious proportion problems. I liked Treebeard when he reached down and squeezed the Hobbits, but later he's not nearly as large. Further, Ents are not that thin. Was Calista Flockhart running this show? And the scene when they leave the forest to attack is poor. In the book it's like the whole forest is on the move. This is like an army of twigs. I will say the actual attack is pretty sweet. On Friday I would've given the movie 2.5 stars. It's a solid, decent affair. It's not bad for a tweener. And Lord of the Rings is cool. After seeing Two weeks I'm bumping that up to a 3. I just found out what it could've been. Despite my complaints, I can't believe we have to wait another year for the next installment. I'm ready now.


The other news: While I imagine Columbians were rockin' to the sounds of graduation, I was missing my connection and getting stranded in Cincinnati. Word of advice, just because angry married woman is fired up about setting everything straight and blowing out of Ohio ASAP, doesn't mean that she is the best choice to lead the troops against Delta airlines. After following her for 10 minutes, I struck out on my own, got things settled for the night and made a new friend. Tommy, National Geographic Office Boy and me, AARP Office Boy holed up in the Radisson with Delta discount tickets. Delta should've payed for the lodging. They haven't heard the last from me.

No comments: